Drupal Back-end Developer
As a Drupal back-end developer at Upthrust, you translate digital strategies and designs into working products and real-life digital experiences. You’ll build stunning and high-performing websites, mobile applications and eCommerce platforms that deliver a great experience and convert.
Together with the studio team, you will play a crucial role in the ambitious digital product studio projects we execute for our clients.
- You will work with the content management framework Drupal 8 or 9.
- You will set up and configure sites using one of those frameworks. If needed, you will set up a basic site from scratch, take care of both site building, development and potentially even jump in on the DevOps side.
- You will establish API connections with other systems such as CRM, Marketing Automation and Product Information Management systems. When something does not work out of the box, you will use your PHP skills to come up with custom solutions and provide the missing piece.
- You will convert beautiful designs into structured code.
- You will proactively take part in the Scrum / Agile routines (stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews).
- You will provide recommendations and improvement areas to continuously improve our way of working from a quality, effectivity and team satisfaction point of view.
Who You Are
- You have experience with the Drupal 8 or 9 framework, and/or have solid knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel.
- You like being part of a team, and have experience working in an Agile setting using Scrum, Kanban or similar processes. You know what React & Angular are, and you are proficient with HTML and CSS.
- Decoupled websites do not scare you.
- You have an eye for detail, take ownership of your work and strive for quality.
- You can engage with our clients in fluent English when needed. Dutch is a plus!
- And even better if you have experience in DevOps, hosting, continuous integration, AWS and/or Azure!
There’s a DNA match if this sounds like you:
- Be bold. Be brave. Be you.
We love people with a great story. Tell us yours!
- Move fast, break things.
We don’t overthink or wait for perfect conditions but take immediate action instead.
- Go for growth!
For our clients, for Upthrust and for everyone in our team.
On our way to #worlddomination.
- We are digital.
We’re testing the latest trends and try out the newest tools and technologies to stay up to date. Many of us have our own digital project on the side, that’s how passionate we are.
- Fail hard, win faster.
You cannot grow without failing!
Soft skills we have a soft spot for:
- An effective way of communicating
- Great project & stakeholder management skills
- A commitment to continuous learning
- A high level of accountability & dedication
- A front row seat at the best and fastest growing digital team in Belgium.
- The opportunity to shape your digital career and to grow as rapidly as we do. You will get a personal training budget which you may spend however you like, if it’s honing your skills.
- On-project coaching by one of our digital experts and monthly trainings on the latest techniques and technologies.
- Challenging and fun projects for the most influential brands and companies out there.
- A mixture of working on team projects and individual expert projects. Sometimes your office will be at the client on site (Antwerp, Brussels or Ghent in most cases) and other times you will work at the co-working space in Antwerp or from our office in Mechelen or Diegem: It’s never boring at Upthrust!
- The best of both worlds: a young & agile team with a growth mindset, supported by professionalism, stability and over a decade of expertise from The House of Marketing and the Quanteus Group.
- Cool activities like growth nights, dinner nights, ski & snowboard trips…
- An extensive salary package, supplemented by a whole series of fringe benefits such as net expense allowances, meal vouchers, mobile phone subscription, etc.
- A very nice company car with a fuel card or a flex package if that fits you better.
Who we are
Upthrust is a #1 international growth office that focuses on acquisition, conversion and retention automation. We work from different locations within Europe for both larger SMEs and corporates. Our team works on-site and actively transfers knowledge to the client’s internal team. Upthrust is an initiative of The House of Marketing, a leading consulting office for sales & marketing strategy.