You will translate digital strategies & designs into working products & real-life digital experiences. You will build stunning and highly performant websites, mobile applications and eCommerce platforms which offer a great experience and convert.
You will play a crucial role in the ambitious digital product studio projects that we carry out for our customers, with our own team on project work or as part of the client's team.
- Develop front-end into HTML/CSS, in close collaboration with scrum masters, analysts and back-end developers.
- Understand the advantages of a Headless set-up, and demonstrate eagerness and motivation to develop in React.JS, being a quick learner.
- Ensure a solid and smooth connection with CMS and/or eCommerce systems such as Craft, Drupal, Magento,… taking use of GraphQL or JSON where needed.
- Work closely with UX/UI Designers and Back-end developers in tandem and as a team.
- Occasionally take ownership to build a stand-alone websites based on tailor-made designs using (custom) WordPress.
- Support in the set-up of hosting, DNS and deployment scripts/tools.
- Work with toolings such as Redux, Github, Bootstrap, Gatsby, Webpack, Jenkins, Varnish, Netlify, Vercel,…
- Proactively think together with the team how to continuously optimize our tool set-up.
- Work with Zapier or other 3rd party connection tools.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail to translate our stunning designs into highly performant front-end code.
- Take ownership on your delivery from a quality and timing perspective.
- Proactively take part in the Scrum / Agile routines (stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews).
- Speak up to provide recommendations and improvement areas to continuously improve our way of working from a quality, efficiency and team satisfaction point of view.
- Engage with clients where needed in fluent English.
- Nice to have: Develop in (semi) native mobile development languages such as C#, Swift or React.Native.
- Nice to have: (basic) knowledge of PHP.
Who You Are
You’re combining at least 2-3 years of experience as a Front-end Developer with a fluency in English. You are fascinated by the latest trends in technology. You think in a customer-centric way and are passionate about building digital products which offer a great experience and convert.
You prioritize building great products and experiences for customers over hyper-specializing into a specific code. You are not afraid to take on new challenges and are motivated to take up complex project work, involving integrations. We care more about an ambitious side project or an entrepreneurial initiative than we care about your degree.
There’s a DNA match if this sounds like you:
Be bold. Be brave. Be you.
We love people with a great story. Tell us yours!
Move fast, break things.
We don’t overthink or wait for perfect conditions but take immediate action instead.
Go for growth!
For our clients, for Upthrust and for everyone in our team.
On our way to #worlddomination.
We are digital.
We’re testing the latest trends and try out the newest tools and technologies to stay up to date. Many of us have our own digital project on the side, that’s how passionate we are.
Fail hard, win faster.
You cannot grow without failing!
Soft skills we have a soft spot for:
- An effective way of communicating
- Great project & stakeholder management skills
- A commitment to continuous learning
- A high level of accountability & dedication
- Flexibility: it works both ways ;-)
- The core values of Upthrust: a growth mindset, passion, continuous improvement and intrapreneurship.
- A front row seat at the best and fastest growing digital team in Belgium.
- The opportunity to shape your digital career and to grow as rapidly as we do. You will get a personal training budget which you may spend however you like, if it’s honing your skills.
- On-project coaching by one of our digital experts and monthly trainings on the latest techniques and technologies.
- Challenging and fun projects for the most influential brands and companies out there.
- Sometimes your office will be at the client on site (Antwerp, Brussels or Ghent in most cases) and other times you will work at the co-working space in Antwerp or from our offices in Mechelen or Diegem: it’s never boring at Upthrust!
- The best of both worlds: a young & agile team with a growth mindset, supported by professionalism, stability and over a decade of expertise from The House of Marketing and the Quanteus Group.
- Cool activities like growth nights, dinner nights, ski & snowboard trips...
- An extensive salary package, supplemented by a whole series of fringe benefits such as net expense allowances, meal vouchers, mobile phone subscription, etc.
- A very nice company car with a fuel card or a flex package if that fits you better.
Who we are
Upthrust is a #1 international growth office that focuses on acquisition, conversion and retention automation. We work from different locations within Europe for both larger SMEs and corporates. Our team works on-site and actively transfers knowledge to the client’s internal team. Upthrust is an initiative of The House of Marketing, a leading consulting office for sales & marketing strategy.