Senior UX Designer
Your mission as a UX Designer at Upthrust
Your key mission is simple: Design valuable digital products and services that convince and convert while supporting the overall customer journey and context.
As a UX Designer you:
- Get user insights on the table;
- Consolidate insights to meaningful formats like personas, customer journey maps or service blueprints.
- Find ways to solve key issues or opportunities in terms of features or interactions;
- Conceptualize and present your ideas;
- Design flows & wireframes;
- Balance business objectives, brand experience, user experience & feasibility in each design decision;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues like other UX Designers, Strategists, Marketeers, UI designers, & Developers;
- Incorporate key learnings from the into improvements to our UX process;
- Perform UX audits & create actionable roadmaps;
- Help our customers to embrace UX best practices and to set up a UX-process that fits their organization.
About Upthrust and Customer Collective
Upthrust is the digital business acceleration office within Customer Collective. Upthrust hosts the Digital Product Studio, Digital Marketing Consultants and Growth services.
The Upthrust Digital Product Studio’s mission is to boost the business performance of our ambitious customers through relevant and valuable digital products and services. For us, it is not about one-shots. We aim to structurally help our customers to become great “digital performers” throughout strategy, design & development.
At Upthrust Digital Studio we:
- Believe design really matters, in the fullest sense of it;
- Stay on top of new developments and continuously fine-tune our processes & methodologies;
- Like to travel from bird-eye perspective to the tiniest detail and back;
- Are committed to contributing value to our clients’ strategic initiatives;
- Take ownership of our own careers, defining our personal objectives and development plans every 6 months;
- Work from wherever we but feel strong about meeting each other at least 1 day a week at the office;
- Truly connect with colleagues during office lunches, afterwork drinks, rooftop parties, squad dinners, team buildings and company events;
Customer Collective is an exciting and continuously changing ecosystem under which we host different brands, like Upthrust. All our brands have only one purpose: to be a genuine home for experts in specific domains within our pillars of Customer Strategy, Data, Technology and Digital Acceleration. In other words, to create an environment for like-minded people to enjoy work and further develop skills and talents.
The real power of Customer Collective lies in our never-ending urge to integrate our top talents and diversity in multidisciplinary teams, fit to tackle specific customers’ challenges. Together we always strive for premium quality and tangible business impact.
We challenge the status quo and continue to reinvent ourselves, expand our portfolio and grow both organically and through acquisitions.
As a UX Designer, you can be part of this!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
- You combine at least 5 years of experience as a UX Designer and you can easily convince us that you are just darn good
- You are fluent in English and live in Belgium
- You like a good challenge
- You take ownership, are committed to results (outcome vs. output) and value team play
- You like (to bring) structure and you value both bird-eye and details
- You have a solid grasp on user-centered design, usability and accessibility concerns
- You know how to balance innovation and practicality
- You feel like contributing to our UX Design team process
- You care about your colleagues and provide support whenever needed
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary based on your skills & experience
- A full electric Volvo XC40 Recharge Core in black with fast charging, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, cruise control, lane assist, parking sensors, and more
- Or choose for the monthly mobility budget to finance your alternative mobility costs (think: electric bike, electric step, Poppy cars, Ubers,…) or to pay your monthly apartment rent or even your monthly housing mortgage! (conditions apply)
- Meal vouchers and net allowances
- Mobile phone subscription with unlimited data
- The latest MacBook and other tools for your work comfort
- A Premium Spotify account for when you need some focus or an extra productivity boost
- 26 vacation days per year
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid work location (on-site/remote). Perfect if you want to escape the Belgian weather to work a few weeks from Spain, Portugal or even South Africa
- A quarterly bonus scheme linked to your success
- A hospitalization insurance
- A retirement saving plan
- A Flex Income Plan where you can choose for extra benefits like an electric bike, private health insurance, dental & optical care, warrants, mobile phone, tablet, laptop or extra vacation days
** Are you a freelancer?
If you’re interested in this role as a full-time commitment, we welcome you to apply!