From 0 to 567 SRO's within 3 months.
The SD Worx SME division serves an important business segment of 55.000 customers: self-employed professionals and small to mid-sized companies (with less than 100 employees). SD Worx wanted to grow the segment between 7 and 35 employees, a commercially interesting group, not intensively hunted by the competition yet. We needed to take into account an industry-specific guideline: the decision to shift to a new managed payroll services supplier should legally happen before 30/06.
The challenge was threefold:
- To generate 200 sales-ready opportunities, which only need one visit of an account manager to be closed.
- To inspire the marketing and sales teams with an innovative approach, generating results as from the first week.
- To transfer knowledge to the teams allowing them to generate leads through a new campaign methodology.
Our approach consisted of the following steps…
- We deep dived into the sector / segment (competition benchmark), digital stack & setup and sales funnel & process.
- We defined the OMTM (One Metric That Matters) and built a business case / calculation model.
- We set up a series of workshops to discuss digital growth barriers & drivers and co-create ideas that impact conversion.
- We prioritized the longlist of ideas and translated them into experiment sheets.
- We created and configured the assets to get the experiments up and running.
- We evaluated the quality of the leads and killed / scaled campaigns week by week.
- We continuously monitored and optimized our campaigns.
- For the NL region we set up 23 campaigns / 858 ads. And for the FR region we set up 3 campaigns / 187 ads. Channels used: AdWords, Facebook, Gmail, Google Display Network & LinkedIn.
- We had to adapt the lead follow up process in order to allow sales to deal with the high volume of generated leads. Two dedicated direct sales per region (NL & FR) were replaced by a call center and the whole direct & indirect sales team.
- We generated 567 SRO’s with a total Ad Spend over 14 weeks of € 20.130,76. The Cost per SRO dropped from € 650 (through cold calling) to € 35,5. We generated an estimated first year total value of € 131.944.
- Both the success ratio (# appointments / # qualified leads) and the hit rate (# contracts / # appointments) increased. Moreover, sales also reported a shorter lead time to sign the contract.